Hi everyone! Princess of Ruin is 30% off until the 18th! Get it here!
As some of you know, I’ve been working on a new project. It’s been going slowly in the past year but I didn’t want to rush it. What is this new project? It’s called Shrouded in Haze, a fantasy otome visual novel which I’m hoping you’ll love.
The reason it took a while for me to announce this project is I’ve been rewriting it a couple times and I’ve also gotten busy in the past year. Unsatisfied with the previous few drafts, I finally have something that I’m excited to share.
We have a seer as a main character this time. Her power to see the future is sought after by many and depending on her decisions, it can change the future. That is what I’m going for and I hope you’ll love it when I polish the demo.
Please be patient as I’m still updating my website as more art gets polished.
I’ve also disabled the forum because the person who took care of bots and forum upgrades has moved on. Since I take care of most things on my site and my project, taking care of the forum takes up extra time. By disabling my forum, it’ll allow me to spend more time on my project.
I plan to put up the walk-throughs on a separate page when I have time. Thank you for your understanding!
Princess of Ruin itself is $21.99 and the OST is $5. At $18.89, you save just over eight dollars!
The sale ends on August 14th 2015, PST.
The discount is applied automatically, no coupon or code required.
Heartstring Bugs is nearly complete and will enter the beta phase really soon. I am trying to finish programming everything in, add in missing graphics and fix all the bugs. Before it can be released, I need some beta testers. The beta will be out sometime on the 26th to the 31st of this month. I’ll need dedicated beta testers who will be able to spare much of their time to play the game multiple times, report various bugs, and more. This game is quite big so please make sure you have time on your schedule before signing up!
The game consists of
-5 romances, 3 friendships
-Mix and match clothing system
-Over 200,000 words
-All original music
Here are some final screenshots
If you are interested, sign up below. I will be leaving the form here until the twenty-sixth. This will give everyone who has been keeping up with the game a chance to see it. If you have any questions, post it on the comments section or email me.
It’s almost October? Darn. I didn’t want to it to take this long. The programming is killing me. Doing one thing takes up so many hours mostly because I’m not good at it. >_<
I’ll post the progress again to let you all know where I’m at.
Other Art: 99% (Mostly touching up messed up art, and adding in art that I somehow missed)
Music: 100% (With specific touch ups)
Dress Up System: 100%
Programming 76% (This one is a bit tricky to judge right now)
As you can see, everything depends on how fast I can program and how many times I get stuck on one small thing. There’s still a ton of balancing to do. It may sound strange but I finally got a character to confess to me yesterday in the game. I really need to tweak the stats. The game is too hard for me and I know what to do. Before I started this, I thought it’d be easier to do but here I am, over two and a half years later still working on this project.
I also need to thank the colouring assistants for doing all the base colouring for the CGs. It saves a lot of time.
I hope you guys are looking forward to the game and I’ll be recruiting beta testers soon. I will put up a sign up form here on the blog once I’m close to finished with the programming. =)
*Phew. It’s been a long week for me, especially when I finalized the dress up system, interface and a bunch of other things.
All that’s left now are CGs and programming. Programming is going to be the toughest part since I still have to piece a lot of things together. I’m itching to actually colour again. Programming the dress up system and the interface has been driving me nuts, but I should make it.